Thursday, October 29, 2009

Putting Theory Into Practice

Woman: 'Oh. How do you do?'
King Arthur: 'How do you do, good lady? I am Arthur, King of the Britons. Whose castle is that?'
Woman: 'King of the who?'
King Arthur: 'King of the Britons.'
Woman: 'Who are the Britons?'
King Arthur: 'Well, we all are. We are all Britons. And I am your king.'
Woman: 'I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.'
Dennis: 'You're foolin' yourself! We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working class...'
Woman: 'Oh, there you go bringing class into it again.'
Dennis: 'Well, that's what it's all about! If only people would...'
King Arthur: 'Please, please, good people, I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?'
Woman: 'No one lives there.'
King Arthur: 'Then who is your lord?'
Woman: 'We don't have a lord.'
Dennis: 'I told you, we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week...'
King Arthur: 'Yes...'
Dennis: '...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...'
King Arthur: 'Yes I see...'
Dennis: '...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs...'
King Arthur: 'Be quiet!'
Dennis: '...but by a two thirds majority in the case of...'
King Arthur: 'Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!'
Woman: 'Order, eh? Who does he think he is?'

No comments:

Post a Comment