Thursday, August 6, 2009

Examine Your Zipper

Dr. Rumack: 'Well, I don't have anything to say, you've done the best you could. You really have, the best you could. You can't expect to win em all. But, I want to tell you something I've kept to myself through these years. I was in the war myself, medical corps. I was on late duty one night when they brought in a badly wounded pilot from one of the raids. He could barely talk. He looked at me and said, "The odds were against us up there, but we went in anyway, I'm glad, the Captain made the right decision." The pilot's name was George Zip.'
Ted Striker: 'George Zip said that?'
Dr. Rumack: 'The last thing he said to me, "Doc," he said, "some time when the crew is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."'
Ted Striker: 'Excuse me doc, I got a plane to land.'

No comments:

Post a Comment